a normal month



This was just a normal day...A normal day! It was a jewel. In time of war, in peril of death, people have dug their hands into the earth and remembered this. In time of sickness and pain, people have buried their faces in pillows and wept for this. In times of loneliness, want, people have raised bony hands to the skies and stayed alive for this!"

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I may dig my nails in the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want more than all the world...your return. By Jean Irion








but truly an extraordinary gift.
...

Comments

Grandma Honey said…
That quote is perfect. I've often thought the same thing....normal routine is the BEST! And when I am sick, or away from home, or going through a really hard challenge, normal is what I crave.

Popular Posts