i see you


he has six children
i am the oldest
he has been good to me
tough
fair
good

he is the youngest of thirteen children
six remain
he understands responsibility
stewardship
and accountability

his world is black and white
he feels sorry for my world
he won't be sad to leave

i love him
i understand him
he is a large part of who i am

i used to wish
i could hold him as a little boy
then one day
i realized 
i have
many times over


"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



...

Comments

alison said…
i love your thoughts and sweet tribute to such a wonderful man.
Unknown said…
tears dripping on my salad here,

love you
S. Etole said…
your words are filled with treasure ...
Shosannah said…
This is so beautiful.I had to comment, because it reminds me so much of my relationship with my own father.

I love Antoine de Saint-Exupery writings and have used this very same quote myself some time back.
cristie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts