just thinking...



This girl is totally cracking me up. She loves her sleep but last night when she went to bed at seven I had to think it seemed a tad early. Granted it was dark outside, but her circadian rhythm is strong and this DST thing has thrown her and her mother for a loop.

Then again she said that she woke up feeling very rested at five-thirty this morning. Who wouldn't?

Her brother on the other hand didn't get to sleep until four-fourtyfive this morning. He is in LOVE and if he's not on the phone with his Lyndalove he is madly texting, studying, working with an occasional visit to the gym. You know what? I am going to hate to see this kid move out. He really is a delightful, patient, happy guy. Just look at those faces. You know neither of them are excited for a photo-op, but there they are #7 and #8 ... being good sports. She looks like someone threw a dirty diaper in her direction and he looks like the cat that swallowed the canary. I love REAL!

I am crazy for my kids.
-----------------------------------------






Now these photos are a pretty good sampling of just how I spent my Halloween weekend. I look happy because I am. The thing I like a lot about being a grandma is hanging out with these neat little people. They are so much fun and smart. I can tell they don't get teased too much because when I kid around with them they just look at me with those innocent eyes and wonder.


---------------------------------------

Today when I was reading Daniel chapter 6 I was inspired by king Darius' fasting for Daniel and then Darius not being able to sleep that night fearing for Daniel's safety. He told Daniel that he would be spared from those lions...Darius was stuck between a rock and a hard place as king...but, he had faith that Daniel's God would deliver Daniel from a terrible fate.




19Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions.
 20And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?
 21Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
 22My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
 23Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God.

I love this sweet example of faith and goodness. I admire Daniel for praying three times daily even at the peril of his life. Consequences for those who attempted to ensnare Daniel seemed a little harsh...and that's putting it mildly. But, then again you don't go messing around with Light, Truth, and Justice.

"Because he believed in his God, no manner of hurt was found upon him."

I trust in that very Power.

(thanks to Liz for the camera and downloading and shooting)


...

Comments

Popular Posts