tired of trash

And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
Genesis 39:12



like Joseph of old
sometimes you just have to know when to go
not just amble, but run

i just threw a book in the trash

attempting to overlook the language
some sleazy talk
thinking...that's got to be it

here's the deal,
i loathe waste

i am someone who scrapes every last bit of mayo and peanut butter out of the jar
or saves the foil from baked potatoes to reuse
or turns off the lights in empty rooms... or the water aimlessly running
slow to turn on the air conditioner when it's hot
or the heater in the Fall

i painted this phrase over one of my kid's closets,
"wear it out, use it up, make it do or do without."

i've probably spent four hours
and wasted eight or nine bucks

to be insulted

it took until page 94 to finally think
"this is not good for you"

this book came highly recommended
albeit a blog site
i thought we would share similar standards
hey, i'm not a prude
and she's not bad
but,
i'm disappointed

"if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy ... 
we seek after these things."  
Paul


whewh, now i'm smiling and feeling much better
sweet dreams



...

Comments

Melissa: said…
funny, as i read this I could hear the clink and thud as your book hit the trash. Good for you and great description.
Unknown said…
I do this.
I'm not a prude, and some things I overlook if I'm speed reading through a book for other reasons.

I threw out the Reader a month or so ago, will confidently say it was trash.

love the picture.
alison said…
it was like you were describing me. i secretly have a competition each spring and fall to see if i can outlast you before i turn on my air or heat:) love you . . . and thank you for always teaching.

Popular Posts