your affectionate uncle, Screwtape



It does not matter how small the sins are provided that their cumulative effect is to edge the man away from the Light and out into the Nothing. Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick. Indeed the safest road to hell is the gradual one --the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. 


your affectionate uncle, Screwtape


--C.S. Lewis


(the photo was shot last night at dusk...the sky was incredible and the picture is a poor attempt to remind me of the many beautiful sunsets I enjoy here)




...


Comments

S. Etole said…
I like both the photo and the "letter."
Melissa: said…
so beautiful. Reminds me of a marble (I think I've got issues!)

Great excerpt. Gives me a lot to think about.
Unknown said…
the photo is amazing.


and I love the Screwtape Letters.

and this bit is so good.

Popular Posts