being carried


it went like this...
cloudy
tempest
brooding
in my head and heart

i said go ahead
without me
do what you want
it's not for me
don't waste my time

then,
an unspoken plea
"help me get over this"
in my head and heart
i wanted to heal

a musical message
left on my phone
from her
Be Still My Soul
and i was

so, off to show up
not reluctant
willing
trying
believing
mending

then it happened
my head and heart
arrested
again, and random
but it never is
i walked into a room
"and a little child shall lead them"
this same one who sent the song
music subtle in our space

Be Still My Soul
and we were
still...
moved, in awe

being carried
lifted
seeing the wide expanse
a repeated confirmation
He knows
He always cares

a personal witness
"the Lord is on thy side"

...

Comments

ada said…
Without knowing the details, I do know that feeling (having that reminder that He is there). It's healing, indeed. Also, the lines;

"so, off to show up
not reluctant
willing
trying
believing
mending"

That is you, and some of the attributes I most admire in you.
ada said…
also, this is melissa - I guess I'm logged in as Tater. :)
Julie O'Leary said…
My dear poet friend, thank you for
music to my heart and ears!

Popular Posts