Utah State Fair - 2023


Otherwise

I got out of bed
on two strong legs.
It might have been
otherwise. I ate
cereal, sweet
milk, ripe, flawless
peach. It might
have been otherwise.
I took the dog uphill
to the birch wood.
All morning I did
the work I love.

At noon I lay down
with my mate. It might
have been otherwise.
We ate dinner together
at a table with silver
candlesticks. It might
have been otherwise.
I slept in a bed
in a room with paintings
on the walls, and
planned another day
just like this day.
But one day, I know,
it will be otherwise.

—Jane Kenyon

It's not a small thing to have a perfectly normal, regular day. As my stamina continues to increase I am humbled at the loveliness of pretty much everything. We went to the State Fair yesterday and there was a young girl, maybe 12 years old, with a ginormous belt buckle only to be leading a humongous steer onto a well padded sawdust ground with other youngsters to have their animals judged. Later I entered a very large room with bees housed in plexiglass panels busy being bees. Gorgeous produce, flowers, and other God-given, human-trying presentations displayed for me to be astounded by. We ate half of a greasy funnel cake laden with powdered sugar and  sipped on an icy cold much too weak lemonade.

Here's the thing...I am thankful. I see God in everything. So if you were to ask, "how's it going" ... the honest to goodness truth is ... not very often, but in the dark of night, around three in the morning, I can be a little scared of  the "unknown,"  but for the most part I am at peace and filled with trust. Always the goodness of God is the salve of my heart.

I went to have blood work done a couple of weeks ago and everything came back in the normal range. My CA125 number is lower than it has ever been. I am the most awestruck girl in the world. Miracles abound.  Segullah



 

Comments

Popular Posts