Holy Matrimony




Today is the Day!

Today my son David will enter God's Holy House and covenant before God, Angels and earthlings that he will be true. He will receive his bride and take her to himself to love, honor and protect not just for now but forever.

I am humbled at these sacred vows. I am humbled by these amazing blessings and promises. I stand all amazed at His great loving kindness to His children.

I have mothered eight children. This boy, our sixth child and fifth to be married, is filled with eager anticipation. He is ready to become complete. This boy is now a man and has been so for some time. My husband asked me last night after David left our bedroom... he had been laying on my bed recounting his hurried -- jumping through hoops day... husband asked, "are you ready for this boy to move on?" It was easy to respond that it is time, but I will miss him. I have watched his loyalty and focus shift from home and hearth to his sweetheart. I love seeing that gradual process with each of my married children. My joy is seeing their new found half help them be whole. I truly "stand all amazed."

Thank Thee dear Father for sending me each child to love and nurture. This privilege has been the work, tears, and joy of my life.




“For behold, this is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” Moses 1:39


...

Comments

Unknown said…
strange, this "talking" to strangers,
yet I feel compelled to wish you and your family all the best in this milestone.
your posts look so real and I am going to come back and read through.
thank you for the little tears of bittersweet mamma love this morning

Popular Posts