* when he shimmied up the thirty foot flag pole...descended in a flash, and declared, "you'll never see that again."
* watching that last baby move inside of me wondering...it's not likely that i will ever experience this again.
* the visit in her bedroom--the hug--getting in the car and driving away. knowing that embrace was the last.
* reading a storybook and then it occurs to me..."you will never be asked to read this again."
* sitting through that elementary school Halloween parade watching you stroll by all made up.
what was it about these experiences that made me aware of the last time?
Last night I savored time spent with those I love wondering at lasts.
usually i brush by lasts. the pain of endings can spoil the nows. life has been so sweet that i choose not to see something as an experience that i may never witness again. usually.