six Christmas cards

from six of my children

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  
~Elizabeth Stone
It's not only children who grow.  Parents do too.  As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.  I can't tell my children to reach for the sun.  All I can do is reach for it, myself.  ~Joyce Maynard
There are two lasting bequests we can give our children.  One is roots.  The other is wings.  ~Hodding Carter, Jr.
Your children tell you casually years later what it would have killed you with worry to know at the time.  
~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
Give me the life of the boy whose mother is nurse, seamstress, washerwoman, cook, teacher, angel, and saint, all in one, and whose father is guide, exemplar, and friend.  
No servants to come between. 
 These are the boys who are born to the best fortune.  
~Andrew Carnegie
The guys who fear becoming fathers don't understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.  
The end product of child raising is not the child but the parent.  
~Frank Pittman, Man Enough


yes, I am a very blessed mother.

...

Comments

Melissa: said…
A beautiful family. I love them all! And you, too.
Cath said…
Yes, so so blessed. I love all these photos. And that all of them are yours.
The Carters said…
I love seeing everyone! Such great quotes...
Relyn Lawson said…
Christmas Day has flown past. Just now I have a quiet moment between bouts of after-Christmas sale shopping. I wanted to stop by and wish you all the joys of the season. As the quiet week approaches, may you find time to do all the things you most love. May you know, each day, how very blessed and loved you are. Happy Holidays, friend. ~ Relyn

Popular Posts