ever guarded and directed


leaving Utah and flying to Texas, January 2018




Some folks say that 1Nephi 1:20 is the thesis of the Book of Mormon...

But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

My experience recently of fasting and praying about a troubling concern can verify that the Lord really does extend his "tender mercies." The feelings of doubt, fear, sadness and mental fatigue were replaced with peace, solace, compassion, and love. I was delivered and stand all amazed. Honestly humbled by His attention and care.

Imagine such love. How amazing to be a participant of a fallen world and me being a very flawed child and still being reminded that He knows my name and He cares that I am provided for and happy. Truly the love of a perfect parent and I being succored as His child. 

These precious lines found in my patriarchal blessing from a loving Heavenly Father have been realized time and time again...


"Now I bless you to have joy in life that the burdens of life shall not be heavy, and the trials and temptations shall you overcome, for you shall be blessed to be redeemed of the Father against the power of the destroyer and your life shall shall ever be guarded and directed." 

...


Comments

Popular Posts