Here am I, send me.


Previous years I choose to focus on a word at the beginning of the year that I can try to become with each passing day. This year I decided to choose a phrase, "Here am I, send me," which can be found in Isaiah as well as Moses. Honestly I know that this simple sentence needs little explanation, but as simple as it is to read and remember this phrase I knew that it would be much more difficult to carry out. A consecrated life is definitely a worthy goal, but my selfish ways keep me from reaching out and doing as the spirit often whispers.

So, 2018 is my year to approach each day willing and ready to do His will. I'm kind of excited, but also reluctant. Time to stretch and as President Hinckley's father wrote to him, "forget yourself and go to work."

Comments

Popular Posts