the chrysalis 1.1.11

(photographer Ron Edwards)


the first day

new month
new year
a new decade
not so new me
wanting to
"embrace"

opportunity comes knocking
it has a way 
of showing up
revealing
truth

but the truth is
tired women
good women
trying women
chew gristle

when the house shakes
galloping horses
or was it children
circus
nope kids again
 freight train energy
and noise
from the mouth of babes

innocuous question
sprouts tentacles

me
well intentioned
thoroughly flawed

yearning to embrace
growth

new word
forever word
"trying"


...

Comments

Katie said…
I love this. and feel like I can really relate to it.
Unknown said…
perfect.
perfect

I am looking forward to the New Year and all the possibility,

and spending it connected to wonderful souls such as you, cristie.
cristie said…
to all of the women above...

i love you. xox

Popular Posts