to measure up


Inside myself is a place where I live all alone
and that's where you renew your springs
that never dry up.
--Pearl Buck



when it's quiet
and i'm quite alone
January's cold frozen earth
i look hard and long
my life
my chosen course
my dying

it all is before me
all that was and is

now coming full circle
with wonder
at the patriarchs words
spoken and recorded
forty-three years ago

he could not have known
but God did
"you shall live to fill
the full measure of your creation"

as a girl and young woman 
lines of promise
now a woman of fifty-seven
words of comfort

i am enough


...

Comments

S. Etole said…
words of wisdom ... beautiful thought
Katie said…
The gift that you have given, as a mother with perspective, has been the greatest gift to me. I love you.
Megan Moss said…
Wow, Cristie, I love reading your blog. Thank you for being such a great example!
Unknown said…
oh,
you are and then some
and I want to be able to say that always.
Lora Dawn said…
Beautiful . . . to be wrapped warmly in the reflection of your directed life
alison said…
you are more than enough. what beautiful words of peace and comfort. thank you for all that you are.
i love you.

Popular Posts